Thursday, July 8, 2010

Local Detox Drink: Refreshing Detox

I walked past Watsons Wisma the other day and went in to replenish my Avene Thermal Spray.

I was browsing through the outlet when something pink caught my attention (I admit I AM a pink freak)

They were being placed in the acrylic stand and the price $1.95 made my eyes bright and big.

I hasten my footsteps to take a closer look.

Oh, it was a detox drink, Refreshing Detox by Fook Sang Trading (why am I so surprised that they have a webby)



and what made me took a second look was that it was clearly stated

"Product of Singapore"

It claimed that there is no added artificial flavourings, colorings, preservatives nor sweeteners.

And the active ingredients are Lemon, Milk Thistle, Alfalfa and Honey.

To be honest, I am not sure what Milk Thistle or Alfalfe is hence I google more information about it.

From Wikipedia, Milk Thistle is is a flowering plant from the daisy family and treat chronic liver disease and protect the liver against toxins.


Milk Thistle Plant

A closer look at the flower


Alfalfa is also a flowering plant in the pea family and is high in protein, calcium, minerals and an excellent source of most vitamins, including vitamins A, D, E, and K.

In TCM, Chinese physicians use the young alfalfa leaves to treat people suffering from arthritis, water retention and poor digestion.

Alfalfa


 
                                             Alfalfa Sprouts

So, I assume since this Refreshing Detox contains natural ingredients which not only protects my liver, it also aids in flushing out toxins.

And this is what I needed most, to clear accumulated waste which indirectly assists in weight loss and hopefully promotes radiant complexion.

Anyway it isn't very expensive and $1.95 for 10 sachets is pretty economical and easy (mix well with water, that's it), I grab a box.



Since it is recommended to start with a glass of Refreshing Detox every morning, I faithfully follow the instructions for 5 consecutive days.

I was even mentally preparing myself to rush to the washroom to clear my bowels everyday.

So, did I eventually rush to the washroom or shed any kilos?

The answer is NO

I did NOT rush to the washroom to clear my bowel NOR did I shed any kilos.

How can I shed any kilos if I did not rush to the washroom right?

So, this so called detox drink is not performing its due responsibilities and would I buy it again?

The answer is of course NO because it tastes bland, not sweet nor sour.

I would still prefer Huiji Fruity Lite though it also does not work for me, but at least it tastes better, yumms

No comments:

Post a Comment